Monday, September 17, 2007

The Results Are In...

This morning I went to the doctor to have an ultrasound and find out if we are having a girl or a boy. According to the results of the poll on our blog, 50% of you that voted are right! Hmm...I guess that doesn't give it away! haha! First of all, I knew that I was pregnant and I was definitely feeling the affects of being pregnant, but to me it doesn't really sink in until you see that little baby during an ultrasound and see its little heart beating and arms and legs moving. I have heard some sad stories about miscarriages when they are as far along as I am and it gets me thinking too much. It is also hard for it to be a reality when the baby is still so small and all you feel are the "flutterings". I just had to write those feelings down, more for me than for you to read, so on to the results... When the ultrasound tech first started she said she had done a few ultrasounds before me and they were all boys. Simon and I didn't really care what it was, but of course since Simon already has his little princess, he was kind of hoping for a little "soccer playing" boy! Well, after the tech checked the head, heart, kidneys, etc. this little baby was not shy in letting us know what they were. It's a girl!!! We are so excited! Kajsa will have a sister close to her age and I hope they will be the best of friends! Poor Simon is going to have to deal with 3 girls now and he grew up in a family of 4 boys! He will survive and he is already the best pappa to Kajsa and I know he will be so good to this new little girl too! Even though it isn't a boy, I know for a fact that Simon will teach our little girls how to play soccer! And for my dad's sake, I will make sure they will love to ride the tractors when we visit Grandma and Grandpa Bowen in Idaho. I am so grateful for the chance to be a mother and to bring these sweet spirits into the world.

3 comments:

Laura W said...

Yippeeeeee! :)

Brandon and Brittany said...

Congrats Sara. I think a little girl will be perfect. Plus, you already have the absolute cutest girl, so your next one should be no exception.

Ben and Sara said...

I'm so excited for you!! It'll be nice for Kajsa to have a sister so close. I know I love having a sister so close in age to me. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!