Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley

The past couple of days as I have been watching the news and their coverage on President Hinckley, I have been contemplating everything he has done for the church. He was truly a great man and leader of the church. Then I remembered something. It was our ward conference on Sunday and of course they did the usual sustaining of the church leaders in Sacrament meeting. I really like this part because we don't get the chance to raise our hand every Sunday and sustain the prophet and so it is really important to me. I realized that Sunday was the last time I got to sustain Gordon B. Hinckley as the Prophet of our church. I am glad I got the chance to do that one last time. At first I was very saddened by his passing, but just like my sister-in-law said, "He doesn't want us to be sad!". He will forever have a legacy that will live on!

1 comments:

John and Kassie said...

Hi Sara! I found you off of Karisa's blog----and how fun to check in on your cute family and a new little bundle coming soon! How quickly time passes huh----

President Hinckley---what a prophet that we will always hold dear to our hearts---we love him too!--
Kassie Beck Moen